On Nov 20 an Omnitrax freight train experienced a derailment just outside the Pacific Abrasives fence where the tracks cross Carson Road. Though it was quite close by luckily the derailment did not obstruct the roadway. The freight train was traveling at a slow speed and only two freight cars fully loaded with lumber from Interfor were involved. Except for one bundle the whole load appears intact though what shape the bundles on the bottom side are remains to be seen.
This may affect the ability to ship slag out of the facility until the mess is cleared up, the track is inspected and any problems dealt with. How long that will all take is unknown.
To view the last photos in the gallery you might want to dig out your red/blue 3D glasses.
PUBLIC HEALTH INFLUENZA
(FLU) VACCINE CLINICS-2015
Download (PDF, 113KB)
All clinics are drop-in only. No appointments will be made.
Please bring your Care Card with you.
Flu shots are safe, effective, and provided free for:
- People 65 years and older and their caregivers/household contacts
- Children, adolescents and adults with chronic health conditions (i.e.: heart, lung, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, etc.) and/or with conditions treated for long periods of time with Acetylsalicylic acid and their household contacts
- Adults with 8MI ~ 40 (defined as morbidly obese)
- Aboriginal people
- Healthy children age 6-59 months, household contacts and caregivers of infants age 0-59 months
- Pregnant women who will be in their third trimester during influenza season and their household contacts (pregnant women who are in other high risk groups can be immunized at any time during the pregnancy)
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic care facilities
- Health care and other care providers in facilities and community settings who are capable of
transmitting influenza to those at high risk of influenza complications
- Inmates and staff of provincial correctional institutions
- People who work with live poultry and/or swine
- People who provide essential community services (First Responders, Police, Fire, Ambulance)
- Individuals who provide care or service in potential outbreak settings housing high risk persons.