Christina Lake held their official Launch of their Canada 150 Event: Homecoming / Retrouvailles Summer Festival (which happens in the summer). The Launch drew a crowd of dozens and was held in the Welcome Centre. Present were MP Richard Cannings, Director McGregor and Mayor Konrad members of the media, tourism staff and the public.
PUBLIC HEALTH INFLUENZA
(FLU) VACCINE CLINICS-2015
Download (PDF, 113KB)
All clinics are drop-in only. No appointments will be made.
Please bring your Care Card with you.
Flu shots are safe, effective, and provided free for:
- People 65 years and older and their caregivers/household contacts
- Children, adolescents and adults with chronic health conditions (i.e.: heart, lung, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, etc.) and/or with conditions treated for long periods of time with Acetylsalicylic acid and their household contacts
- Adults with 8MI ~ 40 (defined as morbidly obese)
- Aboriginal people
- Healthy children age 6-59 months, household contacts and caregivers of infants age 0-59 months
- Pregnant women who will be in their third trimester during influenza season and their household contacts (pregnant women who are in other high risk groups can be immunized at any time during the pregnancy)
- Residents of nursing homes and other chronic care facilities
- Health care and other care providers in facilities and community settings who are capable of
transmitting influenza to those at high risk of influenza complications
- Inmates and staff of provincial correctional institutions
- People who work with live poultry and/or swine
- People who provide essential community services (First Responders, Police, Fire, Ambulance)
- Individuals who provide care or service in potential outbreak settings housing high risk persons.
Christina Lake has cut their own path into the virtual world of the 21st Century with their Digital Trails project. On Feb 26, 2015 they had the official public launch of this new window on this beautiful recreational side to life at the Lake. That happened in the Welcome Centre.
The official public launch of the Digital Trails project Feb 26, 2015
The aim is to give visitors (and residents) information about the trails around and through Christina Lake. GPS mapped trail routes, descriptions and pictures of the trail. Some have videos. This is all be available with the click of a mouse at Trails Page buried in the Christina Lake website. The event was broadcast live on the web. You can watch that below:
update: found and added link to Trails page
Or CLWMP for short, is happening today Dec 3 at the Community Hall in Christina Lake.
For the past few years I’ve recorded it for their archives … this year I’m also broadcasting it live. And you can watch it below.
Part 2 (after the coffee break)